Sunday, January 27, 2008
I guess I can quit with my really bad sports analogy now and just ask you to consider this; when was the last time you took a chance? When was the last time you threw caution to the wind and just went for it?
If your answer is, “I have no clue.” OR “Gosh, I don’t remember.” Don’t you think it is time you stepped outside your box before the cardboard starts to rot? (Many thanks to my friend, Phil for that wonderful analogy.) I DO! You owe it to yourself!
Before you walk away thinking, “OK, this chick is off her rocker, she doesn’t know me, she has no clue what I am up against.” You’re right, I don’t really know you and I don’t know what you are up against, but I do know that anything is possible and I mean ANYTHING if you are willing to take a chance.
So with that, I wish to offer you a few things to ponder…
1) You have much more to gain than you do to lose. Think about it, if you go after what you want and get it, you gained. If you go after what you want and don’t get it, you haven’t lost anything – you are right where you were when you started. Right?
2) Every experience, good or bad is an opportunity for growth and learning.
3) When you allow fear to stand in your way, you are just handing your power over to the fear. You and I both know it is no fun being powerless.
4) Create some awareness around what holds you back. In creating that awareness you have the capability to remove the obstacle or jump over it.
5) If you follow your heart, you can’t go wrong.
6) If you follow your heart, and someone thinks you are silly for it, that says more about them then it does about you. Oh, and remember it really is none of your business what others think of you. It is your business what you think of you.
7) Did I mention that you have more to gain than you do to lose? :::smile:::
8) Get out of the past. You have lived it once already, it’s time to focus on the present.
So what’s it gonna be; are you going to sit or are you gonna play?
Sharing more link love to get those motivational juices flowing…
Empowerment 4 Life
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Wanting abundance without an exchange of services, or love without loving, is a little bit like wanting an aquarium without fish, a leash without a dog, a frame without a picture... (Courtesy of Tut.com)
No truer words could be said or shared. I could say so much more, but what’s more important to me is what this quote says to you? Please don’t be shy.
(image from www.homewardbounddogrescue.com)
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
I have to admit I really struggled with what to write about. I know that may sound silly considering that this is the first day of the New Year and there is a plethora of intention, resolution, and “making this year your best year ever” topics to choose from. Somehow writing about how to make 2008 the best year felt a tad “been there, done that”. (Please know I mean no offense to anyone who has written about making this the best year ever. Kudos to you and thank you!)
So to help with my massively self-imposed writers block, I shared my topical conundrum with my sister. Being the smart, creative cookie that she is she suggested that I write about A Complaint-Free World . YES! What a brilliant idea!(Thanks, Wen) Anyone who knows me, knows that I am BIG into positive change movements so I can’t think of a better way to start 2008 then to share a bit about this amazing movement.
In an effort to promote prosperity and create an attitude of gratitude, Rev Will Bowen challenged his congregation to go complaint-free for 21 days. (Yep, attitude does make a HUGE difference!) To support them in the challenge he gave each one of his members a purple bracelet to be used as a reminder of their commitment to think positively. Here's the kicker; if at any time the wearer of the bracelet caught themselves complaining aloud they had to move the bracelet from one wrist to the other.
What an amazing way to create awareness and to help change a mindset!!
So here is my challenge to you for the start of this New Year; eradicate complaints from your conversation with others for the next 21 days. See what happens – I will be willing to bet you dollars to donuts that you will begin to notice a positive change.
Here is to an amazing, complaint-free, positive thinking 2008.
Other Resources To Check Out
A Complaint-Free World as seen on Oprah
A Complaint-Free World
A Complaint Free World: How to Stop Complaining and Start Enjoying the Life You Always Wanted